Sunday, July 22, 2007

The bad news

I guess in life there are good things and bad things. Of course it's nice to focus on the good things, and perhaps if you don't talk about the bad things they will go away. But sometimes they won't. So there are two things I'm thinking about tonight.

First is my blogging friend Veronica Neeka's Backlog who's father had a stroke a while back and he hasn't been the same person since. He wandered away a few days ago and they can't find him. Of course the family is frantic trying to find him. So send up a prayer for his safe return.

And then there is this closer to home. A guy I know shot himself last week. Randy was only 33 years old and leaves behind a baby boy and a wife who is expecting another. He had everything to live for as you can read at the link, and this is just tragic for the family.

It's hot out. I'll be glad when summer is over.

2 comments:

Diane Lowe said...

It's getting very hot out.

I'm sorry to hear about Randy and Veronica's dad.

Life is really hard. I don't know why it has to be that way.

don said...

Enjoy the good times, you never know when things can take a turn for the worse.