Sunday, July 08, 2007

The big sky

Here is a photo of the big sky over Flathead Lake in Montana this weekend. Montana is known as the big sky country. I've added this photo to my Flathead Lake photos on the side bar. Please check that out. It's amazing how different the lake can look at different times, and it's becoming an interesting study as the photos are all so different.

There was an Adventure Cycling bike tour going past the lake today. I think it was THIS ONE . I rode into them on my morning bike ride along the shore. It got pretty hot and they were on my route home out on the prairie. They were getting blasted by hot wind out there while I was in my air conditioned car listening to music. It's one time that I'm glad I was inside the bubble, and not out there with them on my bike. I noticed Adventure Cycling had under Physical Difficulty: intermediate, it should have said Physical Difficulty: brutal/ high winds and scorching heat.
I'm sure it was better today along the Clark Fork River, at least for the riders who make it to Thompson Falls before noon. I wish I was with them for the rest of the trip.

The Tour de France is on! So I'll be interested in how things go and glued to my TV while I'm home. Good by Good Morning America! Hello TDF.

I retain all rights to my photos.  Please do not use any of my photos without permission.

2 comments:

TRM said...

Beautiful, love that Big Sky.

don said...

I took the picture as night closed in and it was quite cool out on the lake despite it being hot all day. I could have used another layer as I ran for home on the skiff.