Sunday, August 19, 2007

August cyber trees

Here is my August cyber tree family. I went to Montana (again) this weekend, and this was the best snap I took, so it goes into the cyber tree museum on the sidebar. Of course I shrank it all down and the big image is much nicer as is usually the case, but if you click on this one it will get bigger to look at.

I have to admit, I'm getting tired of taking pictures of forest fire smoke. Now and then it can be pretty but for the most part it is ugly. I came in from the west to this place, and the sky was blue and the air was clean. I could see this big forest fire with a huge bank of smoke going right in the direction of the lake and the cabin. I'm talking a great big wall of thick brown smoke. I'm thinking great,.. my lungs are going to get all clogged up this weekend, and they did. On my way home today I came into a big rainstorm in the mountains. It cleaned the air and cooled everything down. The rain was great, but it will take a couple of days to get my lungs cleaned out. I'm afraid I'd have to move out of Montana if I lived there right now.

Anyway, I feel sorry for those poor devils who have to live in all of this fire smoke in Montana. It has been horrible for them. It's raining here now in eastern Washington and the rain is moving into Montana, so I hope it brings them some relief.

2 comments:

Diane Lowe said...

Oh that's a lovely photo!

don said...

Thanks! The reality of this place is different than this picture paints. It's far more harsh. I guess that's true about many families too. I stopped to take pictures of an old barn and then I noticed these trees. I think the bottom leaves are trimmed even to the horizon by cattle reaching up.