Sunday, August 12, 2007

Fire season

The forest fires still rule in Montana. It's nothing new. At the end of each summer we can expect some forest fires and just call it fire season. I could see this fire at night when I drove into one valley on my way to the lake. It was a long orange sting of lights on the mountain. I was kind of lucky that the wind blew the smoke from the fire burning to the west of the lake north for the most part. Sometimes the wind direction would change and fill the valley with thick smoke to the point that you couldn't even see the mountains. (I left this photo on the big side so if you want to fill your computer with forest fire smoke, then give it a click)

***
I've added this photo to my Flathead Lake photos on the side bar.

4 comments:

Diane Lowe said...

That's a pretty photo!

don said...

Thanks! It has the three elements I always like to try to get in my Flathead photos. Sky, mountains and lake. Sometimes I like it when I can get just those three things and no other distractions.

Anonymous said...

Anymore, we only have two seasons in Montana... smoke and ice.

don said...

Fire and Ice!