Friday, August 24, 2007

Touch football at my place

I came home from work the other day, and there were neighborhood kids playing touch football in my side yard. I have a large corner lot and and it is central to the neighborhood. They came up and asked me if it was ok as I pulled up into my driveway. I said sure they could play, despite the liability if one of them were to get hurt. The kids in my neighborhood are pretty good kids. I'd rather let them play touch football on my property than going off and doing drugs or something else, plus I don't want them to think "old man don, won't let us play football." And then they start paint grafiti on my house or or toilet paper my bushes or something.

I wanted to take a picture of the touch football action, but I didn't want them going back to their parents and saying "old man don lets us play at his house and takes pictures of us.". That could be bad... So I didn't take any pictures of the touch football.

Well when I was a kid I used to love a neighborhood game of touch football. We used to go to Jit Culbertson's house. We had a lot of fun doing that. Jit lived on a corner too but we played in his back yard. I have a much better touch football field here.

4 comments:

Diane Lowe said...

Don isn't old!

don said...

Tell that to the neighbor kids :)

Diane Lowe said...

You should tell them that I don't think you're old! (Of course, they probably think I'm old! Hee hee hee!)

That's really nice of you to let them play touch football at your place.

don said...

The rules might change if someone gets hurt. I wouldn't put it past some of these parents to take me to the cleaner if at all possible.

Still I like the idea that the kids enjoy something I used to enjoy.