Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Pat Robertson on drilling in ANWAR

I was flipping through the channels yesterday during lunch and landed on The 700 Club. Pat Robertson said this on drilling for oil in ANWAR; "There's nothing up there but ugly tundra."

Hm,.. God made "ugly tundra" I thought...

He went on to say that nobody goes there because there aren't any vehicles that can take us there. I wonder how we'd get there to drill for oil then?.. Perhaps we counld drive there in Toyota Tundras. They're kind of ugly come to think of it...

"We need oil!" Robertson went on to say. When we make piplines the caribou flourish because the pipelines are warm.

Are caribou ugly? I wondered...

2 comments:

Diane Lowe said...

Tundras in the tundra. . . there's something ironic about that!

If the pipelines are warm, I wonder what that's going to do to the ecology of the place, nevermind the caribou. . . .

Maybe they'll get the wolves, arctic fox, etc. hanging out by the pipelines too!

don said...

I guess we could drive Yukons up there,.. :)

Well I haven't seen the tundra as I haven't been there and I wonder if Roberson has, but I'd like to go up there and photograph this "ugly tundra" sometime.

I doubt that it's ugly. Most likely it's overwhelmingly beautiful.

I'm not sure Pat Roberson is a good representative for God and God's creation.