Monday, May 19, 2008

Bottom feeder

I took this picture on my way to work today. I didn't ride my bike because I had to go and shop for a new refrigerator as mine konked out. The freezer part still works but not the regular part. I haven't had this one too long. This winter I came home briefly from taking care of my mom (who was going through cancer treatment) to find that my refrigerator had konked out. It was a mess. I was so stressed out. I just wanted to come home and crash, but I had to remove all of the food and clean up the mess before I could return to my mom. So one of my friends gave me another old one as he was just using it in his garage to keep beer in.

This time I decided to get a new one. I've never owned a new refrigerator. Of course the new trend is stainless steel. I've always liked stainless sinks. I decided that I didn't want a stainless refrigerator for three reasons. They are more expensive and are black on the sides usually, I couldn't find a stainless one that had the freezer on the bottom, and they get finger prints on them really easy. That just won't work for me.

My mom told me that if she were to buy a new refrigerator she'd get one with the freezer on the bottom and so did my boss. I was just going to get a regular one but then I got to thinking about this. I'm almost 6 feet tall. I almost never get into the freezer section but I always get into the regular part. So every time I'd want to get something out of it to eat I'd have to get it from the bottom.. What the heck!

So I decided to get one that had the freezer on the bottom and the regular part that you always get into on the top despite the extra cost. If you think about it, it only makes sense. You want it designed ergo?.. It's going to cost you. I think it will be money well spent. I won't have to bend over all of the time.

Anway, I like it when someone draws a picture in the dust of a back window of a car like this. It's a very nice looking fish, but It might be a bottom feeder...

4 comments:

Diane Lowe said...

Cute fish!

don said...

It's a fish with an attitude,..(that breaths air)

Megan said...

I have a freezer on the bottom fridge and I love it! Seems like food never gets 'lost' in there. I think you will really like yours...

don said...

I hope so. I think if I would have gotten one with the freezer on the top I would have regretted it every time I opened up the door.

Good to hear from you Megan. I've missed your blog.