Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Jimmy Carter nut

I seem to be in a bit of a void. I've started cycling every day now. Yesterday while riding, pop and country music didn't do it for me so I settled on a classical station. One piece was Wagner, I knew that but I couldn't name the piece. The other one I knew also but couldn't name the composer or the piece. Both unwound my mind.

I'm getting kind of burned out on politics. A couple of weeks ago I watched Howard Dean, chairman of the DNC on Meet the Press. He seemed to be moderating his position with regard to Clinton and Obama, as he then mentioned that the delegates from Michigan and Florida should be seated. Before that it was my impression that he wanted to stick to the rules, and perhaps not seat those delegates, I think to favor Obama. Perhaps now he realizes that it might not matter.

George Shultz was on Charlie Rose recently and spoke about Jimmy Carter's recent trip to meet with Hamas. Schultz compaired it with Armand Hammer's meetings with the soviets. Back then Hammer's trips were problematic for that administration and they had to tell the soviets that Hammer didn't represent the US positions. I tend to agree with his viewpoint on this even though Carter's intentions were good.

Here's a picture of my Carternut. (the things I collect..) There's a peanut inisde there. Perhaps I should sell it on e-bay. I think I'll wait until his peace plan starts to work.

No comments: