Sunday, May 25, 2008

Caution

Tonight I built a fire down by the lake. There was an offshore wind coming down from the hills behind me. I could hear it in the trees above, but the water was only lapping up on the shore. It was kind of unusual. If that same wind had been onshore the waves would have been crashing in.

An offshore wind is not favorable for sailing. Not that I'd want to be on the lake tonight. You can't really tell what's going on out there as it seems calm on the shore. If you had to return in a sailboat you couldn't because the wind would keep blowing you away. Tonight there is a caution in the air. Sort of a melevolant energy. It's as if a disaster is waiting to happen.

On my way over I took this picture of the Camas Prairie. I almost stepped on a rattlesnake here a couple of years ago. This time, it was socked in and raining but I still watched my step.

No comments: