Thursday, May 01, 2008

River cleanup

It's been a little over a week now since my cat Spunky died. We'd been house mates for so long that it was difficult for me to get used to a new routine without her. My vets (there are two of them) sent me a nice sympathy card today. I don't think there was anything they could have done to save her. I think she had a stroke based on her behavior. It was sad at the end, but she had a full life.

I rode my bike at lunch and again after work. I'm trying to loose my winter fat and it's starting to work. The kayak guys were playing on the river when I crossed the bridge tonight so I took a few pictures. Here is one of them. It's a beautiful river, but I heard today on the radio that you can't eat any fish out of it due to mining waste. Too many PCBs and other things. Downstream you can eat 1 fish a month depending on what kind of fish, but two was max. I got a letter in the mail that told when and where they are doing cleanup. It's pretty serious. Sad to think you can't catch a fish and eat it out of such a beautiful river.

No comments: