Monday, May 12, 2008

Ram it

Right after I said on my last post that men driving great big trucks to commute in will be the last hold outs converting to something more reasonable on gas I saw this Dodge Ram for sale. Perhaps it's already starting and I was wrong.

This Dodge is really nice. There isn't a scratch on it. I don't know what year it is but I suspect it is about a 1999 or something like that.
Dodge trucks really didn't sell well until they came out with this style and they made them look like semi tractors. Peterbuilts and such. People bought them like crazy, and I'm sure some people used them for work. But lots of people just drove them to work like this one.

This truck has never worked as a truck. At least not on any ranch I've ever been on. The wheels are chrome. That's just not very manly or practical. The tires are too wide to work well in the snow and are too wide to chain, as narrow tires work much better if you get into deep snow. They might work ok in a swamp or sand or something. They might be ok on the highway I don't know. The bed isn't long enough to hold a full sheet of plywood which are 8 feet long without putting the gated down. The bed is probably 7 feet long. Even small campers are 8 feet long. Why have a a truck with 3/4 ton capibility and then minimize the space to put a load? The bed is short because of the extended cab, a feature to make it more car like in interior space. It has a V10 motor. I honestly don't know much about that motor but it kind of sounds like a sports car motor to me, like a Dodge Viper. I looked inside and it has all of the creature comforts. You never used to see that in a truck. And even though it has an extended cab it really doesn't have much leg room.

They only want $8k for it. That's a pretty good deal. I wouldn't mind having it to pull my boat with,... if I thought it would do it without breaking down. But I have to admit,.. it's really pretty.

No comments: