Wednesday, May 21, 2008

New refrigerator

They came and delivered my new refrigerator today. I got it at Best Buy and they delivered it free plus they took my old one away free. All of the other places I looked at charged about $50 to deliver and $10 to remove. I think there is something to be said for big box stores. However I just showed up when this one was about to be un-boxed. If it had been then I would have had to wait until Saturday to get another one. And that just wouldn't work. When a refrigerator konks out you need a new one,.. like now. I'm at the point that I don't have time for that.

So here is a new picture of the new refrigerator. I'm going to remove the handle used to open up the freezer on the bottom. I don't need it and I think it looks goofy. Notice the bicycle refrigerator magnet. (upper left) That was a gift from a girl at work.

And here is picture of my new phone. Also a gift. I turned on the answering machine. Now other machines call and leave recordings that my machine records. Sometimes my phone answers and the machine on the other end doesn't bother to leave a recording. So my machine records a machine hanging up on it. I'm not sure what to make of this.

Anyway I got two phones like this. One is in the bedroom. It has a green light on it that tells me that it is charged, but the light is so bright in the dark that I put it on the floor and not on my night stand. I like it to be dark at night. Unless the moon is out. I don't want my phone to light up the whole room with a green light.

4 comments:

Diane Lowe said...

I like sleeping in the dark too.

How do you like your new fridge?

I think it's pathetic that our phones record other phones hanging up on us. There should be some sort of feature where we can eliminate those messages and not have to hear them.

don said...

The new fridge is nice. It doesn't make as much noise as the old one, and it really is nice to not have to bend over. I can see that I'll like that more over time.

Imagine how much bandwidth is taken by these machines talking to eachother. It's a waste of electricity.

Megan said...

Nice new fridge! We just had to get a new fridge for the 5th wheel camper we have.

Snazzy cool new home phone. We have one smiliar to that, but it is still in the box because we don't have a home phone.

don said...

I'm one of those people who still have a land line. Last week I tapped into the line at the cabin so I could get a dial tone to plug in my laptop. There's an old rotary phone in there we still use.

Until recently when you made a long distance call from up there an operator would come on the line and ask you for your phone number so they could bill you. It was the honer system. Then when you got the bill you only paid for the calls you made, as people would give other people's phone numbers out. But now they've improved the technology.