Friday, May 30, 2008

Will hunt for food

I finally got Mr. Deer back from the taxidermist. I shot it a year and a half ago. It takes that long to get a mount back from a good taxidermist. I'm pleased with the results. Now Mr. Antelope has someone to keep him company. This is a whitetail deer. Mule deer are bigger but somewhat easier to get. In the west we would say this is a 5 point. 5 points on each side of its antlers. It scored 125 for Boone and Crockett. It's not the biggest whitetail in the world but the reason I had it mounted was because it was so even, and most likely I won't ever get a nicer one.

It's not like I shoot a lot of these, but it's nice to know exactly where your food is coming from. I suspect the day will come when you won't be able to just go out into the forest and shoot something like this.

2 comments:

Diane Lowe said...

That is a really nice mount. :)

don said...

That guy did a very nice job on it I think.