Sunday, June 22, 2008

Flat tire

Since this is bicyclelog, I thought I should throw in some bicycle content. I rode up to Camp Tuffit yesterday morning, well it was sort of late morning as I think I got up at the crack of ten. It was actually more of a mid day ride but it felt like morning as it was the first thing I did. I had brunch while riding, an apricot Clif Bar. They might just be my favorite energy bar.

Anyway it's uphill most of the way to Camp Tuffit and I turned around at 10 miles and started back. I get to fly downhill for several miles. Well I noticed while flying downhill that my bike started to feel unusual so I brought it to a stop. Sure enough the rear tire was loosing air. So I stopped on the side of the road and fixed the flat. Now I need to take an inventory on my spare tubes.

I often find things along the side of the road while riding. On this ride I found 3 new fishing lures that still had the price tags on them. Around $8. worth. They had flown out of someones boat. I found one 1/4 inch socket. I'll throw that in my tool box, and a new utility knife blade. I can always use one of those.

1 comment:

Diane Lowe said...

What sharp eyes you have!

Sorry you had to deal with that flat.

It sounds like you had a nice morning ride, minus the flat!