Saturday, June 07, 2008

Big Brown

In Montana we don't have cable TV at the cabin. And you aren't supposed to start a sentence with a preposition... But since I like to break all of the rules here, I did. And it feels good... None the less, the neighbors wanted to watch the Belmont Stakes horse race and so did I, but they have a TV that doesn't work and we have two, one in the upper cabin and one in the lower. I got on my speedy dial up internet and found out what network it was going to be on and what time. 5 pm eastern on ABC. So I did the math,.. We are in Mountain time,.. That's now! Well not now but then... It was now back then...

So I checked the TV. Only NBC and CBS came in and a couple of public stations. I went to the upper cabin a checked it. Same thing. Then I realized I had a third TV. An old black and white TV that a gal at work gave me from her travel trailer house. It ran on 12 volt DC as well as 110 AC. and it had a a good UHF tuner that the others did not. And what the heck! I got ABC that way.

So I brought it down to the lower cabin put it in the window, strung up the wire antenna, and with a fire going in the fire place and the rain coming down on the metal roof, Big Brown lost the tripple crown as we watched on an old black and white TV. A Sony.

No comments: