Monday, June 02, 2008

Ickes and McClellan

I saw Harold Ickes on Meet the Press Sunday morning, and I thought, well... his name is fitting. He really turned me off. It is like the Clinton campaign doesn't care about the rules. That bothers me as it reminds me too much of the Bush admin. It would be nice to have a president that has respect for and plays by the rules. Ickes used the term "Mrs. Clinton" twice that I remember instead of Senator Clinton. I've heard Geraldine Ferraro, who is a big HC supporter criticize others for addressing Hillary as "Mrs. Clinton" as if it doesn't give her the respect she is due as a senator because she is a woman. I wouldn't bring it up, but Ferraro made such a great big deal out of it. I have to wonder if Ickes can do it then why not others?

And on the subject of the Bush admin,.. I watched McClellan on the Today show when he first "came out" and then on Olbermann, and then Sunday on Meet the Press. If we accept that view that he was a bad apple then what does that tell us about the Bush admin? They have poor judgement in selecting people to represent them, or they really don't care what the public thinks. And then after he was let go or whatever you want to call it, they turned to Fox News for propoganda. It's pathetic any way you look at it.

Montana votes tomorrow. Bill Clinton spoke a few miles south of Missoula at Stevensville. They are getting desperate if they bother to go to Stevensville Montana. There is a an article in the Missoulian about his visit and a video clip of what he said there that you can click on. WILD BILL

It was clearly hard for him to get excited about the situation.

2 comments:

Diane Lowe said...

I don't agree that rail is the next big thing for Montana. It's going to be the next energy-efficient technology, regardless of whether it's hybrid cars, hydrogen cars, etc. Amtrash isn't going to put money into Montana to revitalize their business there. He's living in a dream world.

He looks . . . I don't really want to say "tired" but . . not so good. . .

I've read articles about the McClellan outing. His book sounds like it would be an interesting read. Maybe 10 or 15 years from now we'll get a version that's closest to the truth.

don said...

Clinton knows that rail service is a popular idea in Montana. He's just telling people what they want to hear.