Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Big Sky Country

I added this photo to my Flathead Lake photos on the side bar. Please check that out, it's starting to get interesting. This is what the lake looked like when I first got there on Saturday. I didn't edit this photo or do anything to it. That part of the bay that you can see is about a mile across. The main body of the lake goes north and south along those mountains in the distance. The cabin is beyond those trees on the left shore. That is where I was in the sea kayak. The sky is very big when you realize how big everything is. That is why they call Montana the "Big Sky Country." At night there are a million stars. I wish I could share that with you.

I retain all rights to my photos.  Please do not use any of my photos without permission.

4 comments:

Diane Lowe said...

::sigh::

I miss stars. I miss real trees. I miss mountains.

don said...

You can take the girl out of the country,...

The stars are really something up there. At night the moon came out and it lit up the whole lake with sparkles.

You have a lot of cool things where you are too. Sounds like the big city has been kind to you.

Georgie Porgie said...

Looks absolutely gorgeous. Was this a bike trip?

don said...

No it wasn't a bike trip even though I did take my bike and rode a couple of days.

I did ride around the lake in September of 06 by myself, and there are some entries in my archive about that ride. And more on the lake and a century ride I did in August 06 archive.