Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's day card

Ok so I done the good son deed. I called my mom tonight being it's mother's day and all. She just got back from NYC. Knows some gal who has a condo in Manhattan. I guess they lived it up in New York. So that's cool for my mom. She reports that NYC is a fun place.

Of course I sent her a MD card. I usually choose a card based on the artwork on the front. Then I read it and see if I can stomach the words. Why don't they just say "Happy Mother's Day, you're a great mom." or something, and leave it at that? But they go on and on with a bunch of crap that I have to agree to. Usually it says something like "You are a great mom despite the fact that I'm such a screw up and bla bla bla. You always overlooked all of my many faults,,,like when I robbed the bank and killed all of those people, you were right there by my side..." ( I'm kidding! I did not rob the bank or kill any people)

At work I'd just red-line everything I didn't agree to, and then rev the thing. But when it comes to cards I just live with the current revision if I can live with the cover art.

What the heck. Mom knows I'm more interested in the art. I hope anyway...

2 comments:

Diane Lowe said...

I was a horrible daughter.

I sent a very nice bouquet of pink roses and white calla lilies, which she really loved.

But no card.

Maybe next year.

don said...

Oh no you're not! That's much better than I did. And my card didn't even arive on time. And ontop of that, I pressured my mom to bring me back a NY baseball cap. I don't even like the Yankees. But I think she had such a good time in New York that she didn't care about MD.