Thursday, May 17, 2007

Lunch with the boss.

I made good on my offer to re-pay my boss for taking me to lunch over a year ago. It was a very nice place and not far away. We decided to each order something different and split it in half and share it out that way. I miss taking a woman out to eat.

She had a veggie pita and I had a prime rib dip thing that had a coffee flavored dip. I had a gorgonzala salad and she had french onion soup.

We got to looking around at the decor. They had a painting over a fireplace, but it was contrived and part of the interior design. Just the canvas hanging on the wall with no frame. The frame was a rectangle painted on the wall in a complimentary color. She said she wanted to make some paintings like that for her basement, and we got to talking about stretching canvas for paintings. Something I did quite a bit of in art school.

"Have you finished that painting you were working on?" she asked. "No, I guess not." I said. I have more than one unfinished painting. "Well what do you do when you go home from work!" "Well I, uh,. Well last night, I cooked dinner, cleaned up, did some laundry, and went for a bike ride."

That's my boss on the left in the photo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your boss has a very nice shoulder. The waitress looks like she may have a nice elbow.

don said...

If you like that shoulder, you should see her other shoulder! It's the same, but different. I thought I'd leave something to the imagination.