Monday, May 21, 2007

A piece of me

I don't want to ever become an angry old man. There are enough of them out there already. Today I took the company van to Office Depot to get a new office chair. The one I had wasn't ergo and was killing my back.

So I get into the parking lot with the van and tried to find a place to park. This codger in a great big pickup truck, too big for him manage in a parking lot, and his white haired old lady pull into the lot. So we get into a stand-off situation. I was waiting for him to go and he though I was going to turn a way I wasn't. Finally after waiting forever, I went infront of him. Well he came un-glued. I parked and he parked and then he started chewing me out. I wasn't exactly in the wrong, but I said excuse me, but he continue to throw insults at me. I make an effort to be kind and polite to people, especially old people.

This guy was probably almost 80. I'm thinking, are you crazy? What if I flip out on you? Not that I'd flip out on an old man, but someone might and he was pushing. Nothing happened so let it go you old goat. I just blew it off and walked away, but this angry old man wanted a piece of me. This was the low point of my day.

It's raining tonight. The sky to the west is a very dark grey wall of clouds, as worse weather is approaching. It's probably less than 40 degrees outside and snowing in the mountains above. I think it's too cold for an electrical storm but who knows? My cat has already crawled into her sleeping bag. I guess I'll do the same.

No comments: