Sunday, September 23, 2007

Fall is in the air

This weekend I went to Montana to winterize my boat. It needs to have the water drained out of the motor or it will freeze and it's been getting very cold at night over there. I went to Montana over the Thompson Pass. It's really cool back there but they close it for winter as they don't plow the snow. I like going that way because there is almost no traffic, unlike I90, and it is so very beautiful. As I came down into Thompson Falls I noticed a bachelor group of whitetail deer. The young bucks group together during this time of year. The big bucks will round up the does and force out the young bucks. These young bucks often get shot and if this young three point doesn't wise up really soon he will be the first one to go. (click on him to see bigger) I think this would make a nice oil painting. Fall is in the air.

2 comments:

Diane Lowe said...

That's a pretty little buck.

It does look like it's getting chilly there!

don said...

He was kind of goofy. His antlers went up and not out. When he looked straight at me he looked much smaller.

I had to make a fire in the cabin. It finally rained, and snow way up high in the mountains.