Wednesday, September 05, 2007

A happy trail through my day

I went to a local store tonight to get some some tuna for my lunch tomorrow. I'm going to have a tuna fish sandwich. Why is it called tuna fish? We don't call other fish trout fish or salmon fish. I've never been able to figure this out.

On my way home I went past a school where a dad was playing with his two young daughters who were dressed in pink. He took one of the little girls by her armpits and tossed her way up into the air. She squealed in joy and fear.

I drove a little farther and saw two teenage boys walking along the street all cool. One of them was wearing this silly hat, something my uncle Bill used to wear when he sold Fuller Brush products door to door. Like a cheap fedora with a very small brim turned up in the back. You know the kind. I woudn't have been caught dead in a hat like that when I was their age. I had to wonder how in the world that ever came back into style. That hat was so out of context on them I thought. Like native americans wearing ten gallon cowboy hats in the old west. They mock uncle Bill.

The FedEx man, or guy, I should say, came in today and informed us that he was reading a book about Roy Rogers and Dale Evans. I'm like, you've got to be kidding?... According to the FedEx guy, Roy Rogers used his skills with a gun to shoot rabbits and that fed the band members when times were tough during the depression. Who knew?

And this brings to mind a song. I wish I could sing it for you as I do a very nice rendition.

Happy trails to you
Until we meet again
Happy trails to you
Keep smiling until then
Who cares about the clouds when we're together?
Just sing a song and bring the sunny weather
Happy trails to you
Til we meet again. :)

4 comments:

Megan said...

You're not leaving us are you?

Sure hope not...

Diane Lowe said...

Mmm. I like tuna fish sandwiches. I don't know why we call it tuna fish either.

Do you buy oil pack or water pack? I've heard oil pack is better tasting, but it's way too oily/greasy for me.

don said...

No, I'm not done blogging yet, just thinking about Roy Rogers. I intend to go out like Forest Gump when he quit running. I'm just going to say, "I'm done blogging now." Then I will go and live out my days at the cabin where I will float around on my boat and paint pictures of the lake.

don said...

This tuna I bought was in oil. I've heard that too. My friend went to the ocean and caught a tuna, and the guide told him that water goofs up the "meat". But you are right it is messy. I got it all over the place this morning.