Sunday, September 30, 2007

Wildhorse Island

I went to Flathead Lake to cover up my boat with a big tarp and drain the water out of the Geouchenour cabin. I don't want the pipes to freeze. As always, I took lots and lots of photos. I even took photos of the stove in the cabin! It's a very nice stove... I'll post one of those with my Italian meat balls recipe soon. It was cold up there in Montana. There was snow way up on the mountains. I took the skiff out onto the bay for a couple of hours. It was windy and cold but I loved it after all of the hot weather and forest fire smoke of just a few weeks ago.

I took this photo of Wildhorse Island where I went for a hike last weekend. I took it from a point that was leeward to the wind, so the water was calm in front of me, but it was very rough and cold in places and the air was very sweet and clean. I guess I'll add this photo to the my Flathead Lake photos on the sidebar. If you click on it and make it bigger you can see the snow on the peaks of the Swan mountain range behind the island.


I retain all rights to my photos.  Please do not use any of my photos without permission.

4 comments:

Diane Lowe said...

It looks cold!

don said...

It was cool!

TRM said...

It looks beautiful! I really really miss Montana around this time of year.

don said...

The tamaracks are just starting to turn. You probably have those where you are.