Friday, September 14, 2007

Thy neighbors

I guess I shouldn't be so hard on my neighbors. They make it hard to love them or even understand them at times. The ones behind me with the three wolf dogs (that they never walk or play with) built a big shop and then put this huge light on the front of it. I guess they think they need it for security. The three dogs aren't enough. That light is so bright, it turns night into day, especially when there is snow on the ground. There is a tree that blocks the light from my back yard during the summer. Most of the rest of my neighbors leave lights on outside all night. It just seems like such a waste of electricity to me, and like I said it makes it hard to see the stars. Isn't that why we have night? for darkness?

2 comments:

Diane Lowe said...

Aw. Poor wolf dogs. Without proper socialization they're going to turn out to be pretty poor pets. They're not going to develop the "pack" bond with their owners.

I think leaving lights on when you're not expecting anyone to visit is weird, although if I wasn't at home leaving the light on would make me feel like the house would be less likely to get broke-into.

But I guess it's their power bill.

don said...

I think the dogs have a bond with their owners but they never get to go beyond the back yard.

the light on that guys shop is overkill. I'd hate to have the house on the other side of them. You wouldn't be able to leave the window open at night to sleep on that side of the house. On the other hand, you wouldn't have to turn any lights on inside the house at night.