Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Logan Pass photo

Here is another photo from Glacier Park of Logan Pass last Sunday. I thought this one kind of looked like a painting, mainly because of the sky, so I'm going to print it large, about the size of a painting and frame it. I'll be able to adjust all of the colors and such until I have it the way I want it. I shrank the image size way down to post it here. I removed the Going to the Sun Road and the cars so this is how it would have looked before 1930. I usually don't remove things or change things in photos, but I would if I were going to paint this so what the heck? If you click on it to make it bigger you can see places where I left parts of the road. I have a little more work to do on it.

*****
I thought I should mention, the Going to the Sun Road will be closed starting September 16th for repair and will be closed for the rest of the year. I suspect you will be able to get to the top of Logan Pass from the east side.

4 comments:

Diane Lowe said...

That's a very pretty picture. I think it's OK that you're removing the road and cars.

don said...

Thank you Diane. You know, I didn't give this photo much thought while I was taking the picture. I was riding my bike down the Going to the Sun Road, and stopped and took two snaps with my little Nikon cool pix that I carry in my back jersey pocket. This one was framed the best of the two. We have a great big digital printer at work and it will make a nice print of this, (with me pulling some strings on the software) I asked my boss if I could make a print of it on some nice paper and she said yes I could.

The road, cool as it is, was just a scar on the landscape from a photography/ painting standpoint.

TRM said...

That is a beautiful place. One day I plan on making it up there. I think if I wound up there I would not be able to leave until my cameras were worn out.

don said...

I've tried to kill my cool pix but it just won't die. And, trm, you don't have to worry about running out of film anymore.