Friday, September 14, 2007

Pack rat

I went out on my bike for a ride along the Spokane River tonight and this is what it looked like as the sun went down. The branch that goes across the top kind of reminds me of a musical score. I always read things into photographs. I think I'll add this one to the River photos on my side bar. I debated on taking my camera with me on my ride tonight as I get out of riding mode and into photography mode. It's kind of nice to ride along and not try to capture everything and take it home with me. I think it just shows you how much of a pack rat I am.

We had our company summer party today and I needed to work off some of the food I ate. We all ate too much. My boss made pulled pork and he did a very good job on it. I made potato salad and I got several compliments. They pretty much ate it all up so that's always a good sign. There's only one serving left and I made a ton of it. Sometimes potato salad really hits the spot.

2 comments:

Diane Lowe said...

That's a beautiful photo.

I really love potato salad. So does my boyfriend. He seems to like my potato salad, so I guess it can't be that bad!

What do you put in yours? I have potatoes, eggs, celery, dill pickles, and sometimes some onion too. I like using "real" mayonnaise and paprika with freshly ground pepper.

I have some nice photos from Europe that I think I'm going to have 8 1/2" x 11" prints made and framed to put up in my apartment. I've left the walls very bare and I think having some photos up would help with that. Make the place look a little more homey.

don said...

Thanks Diane. The little cool pix is a fun camera, even though I don't think it's been the same since I dropped it.

I don't have too much up in my house for art either. When I was in art school I traded things for other peoples work. Everything I have means something to me and has a story behind it. I only have one thing up that I did, and that's a wine box top that I printed for a winery. It has a picure of a pheasant and then some graphics that they let me design. Like a gift box.

Something tells me that you are a good cook Diane. I make potato salad like my mom does pretty much. Potatoes, eggs, mayo, salad mustard, green onion, (my own pickels this time) some pickel juice, some white wine vinegar, and some sea salt. I do sprinkle paprika ontop of it and also some chopped up green onion and Italian parsley.