Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Broken

I think I broke a bone in my foot. I can hardly walk on it. I don't know how I did it.

I was driving home from work yesterday stressed out. I had an SUV right on my butt. The road goes through a cut in the rocks where the mountain comes down. A MARMOT ran across the road right infront of me. I swerved and hit the brakes and just missed killing it. My tires screeched. The SUV behind me backed off then. Its driver must have seen the whole thing and then cut me a little slack. I looked in my mirror and saw the animal scamper back to the other side of the road but it was close. It was really close.

The last thing I needed was to kill an animal on my way home yesterday. I would have seen it's body for many days back and forth to work and just I don't need that.

4 comments:

GrewUpRural said...

I would have a doctor check out your foot. It's best to have those type of things checked out before the pain and pressure get any worse.

Hope you have a better day today. Also, what is a marmot?

Megan said...

Poor little whistle pig...probably gave him a really good scare!

And yes, you should get your foot checked out. Or at least ice it and try to stay off it as much as possible.

Diane Lowe said...

Wow! I hope you will be all right! Now you have three women on your blog stressing that you need to get your foot checked out!

I'm glad you didn't hit the marmot.

don said...

I put a link on this post to Marmot on Wikipedia and the photo looks exactly like the one I almost hit.

My foot is better today. It's kind of purple around my middle toe but I can walk much better.