Monday, April 16, 2007

Until next season

I'm going through ski withdrawl. I told myself that I could never live too far from a ski lift. Just one of those quality of life things. Skiing is kind of huge to me. Thankfully there are five places that I can drive to from were I live here. This is a shot from the top. Every day when I get off of the lift on my first run, I ski off in this direction like this guy. I can drop in or take it easy and warm up. But I always feel good when I get off of the lift and ski. It's the first thing I'll do next season. But until then I can only dream about it. Click on the photo to make it bigger.

2 comments:

Diane Lowe said...

That is an incredible photo!

I'm sorry to hear about your ski withdrawal, but I'm glad to hear that you have not just one, but two great passions: biking and skiing. Most people have no passions whatsoever, and that's sad to me.

There's skiing in Southern California! ;) I'm most certain that it is nothing like the skiing in Washington or Montana.

don said...

Thanks Diane. The guy in that photo is exactly like me. He's just standing on his skis starting to let the day come at him. Every time I get off that lift for the first time in the morning I take a deep breath. It's that place where I always want to be. I'm sure skiers in California feel the same way too.

It's really important to live in the moment and fully enjoy the good things that come at you, whatever those things are.