Thursday, April 05, 2007

New side bar things

I've added a couple of things to my side bar.

I've added a cyber tree museum. Kind of been working on that one for a while as it evolved over time. Now I'm going to add a tree each month. There are a few of reasons for the tree museum and I'll share two of them. It has been said that taking photos of trees is easy and not a very serious or valid subject matter for photography. I don't know where I read that or heard it but I don't subscribe to that viewpoint. Probably that school I went to that did everything they could to turn me off to photography and art in general. And one of other reasons for the cyber tree museum is that it is based on Joni Mitchell's Big Yellow Taxi song, of which I really like the Amy Grant version. So sing that song to yourself when and if you go there. they paved paradise and put up a parking lot...

I've also added a place on my side bar for photos that I take. I started with ones that I've already posted of Flathead Lake in Montana and I will add to that one as I take lots of photos of that lake. The lake and the sky always change so it is and endless subject matter. It is really an interesting place. When I'm there, the lake is like the center of everything and it constantly draws my attention. It draws me out onto it and into it. The light up there is different than other places I've been. The lake is so big and the sky so big that colors are different. I've heard that said about other places around the world, but the light at Flathead lake is special. It's a great place for an artist to work. I'll add other catagories there also.

I'm going skiing tomorrow for the last time at my regular resort. I couldn't resist as it will be eight months before it all starts over again. Then on Saturday I'll ski at another place on the way to Montana. It's smaller so I'll just use my little slalom skis and get as many turns as possible in. And that will end my ski season unless I go XC skiing. I did loose count a while back, but I think I've skied about 45 days this year. Thankfully I did not get hurt. I crashed twice racing and did not get hurt, but I banged up my right elbo pretty bad and might have cracked it from just clearing the gates over and over. It's been better now that I haven't been running gates, but sometimes it really hurts to straighten my arm out. No big deal.

No comments: