Friday, April 06, 2007

Second to last day skiing

Here is a self-portrait that I took looking into my car window. You won't see too many photos of me. I'm not very photogenic. There's something about taking a self-portrait. Natalia Antonova said on her blog once that nobody could take a photo of you like you can. Or something like that. There might be something to it.

These are my last turns from old chair 1 as they are going to remove it. I try to make clean railroad track turns when I free ski. That is the way to be fast in the race course. It's easy to do with shaped skis. Instead of lifting up the inside ski and skidding the downhill one, you just keep both skis on the snow, lean forward and roll the skis over into the turn. The shape of the ski will make the turn. Practice this on the bunny hill and once you get it you will never want to skid your skis again. Unless of course it is really steep. You do need to have shaped skis to do it however. I'm not sure if some of the park and pipe skis will do this. I've never skied on any of them. Probably never will.

Then I faked an injury to get this ski patrol's attention. There's something about a nurse outfit....

So she called in the med star chopper to have me hauled away.




2 comments:

Diane Lowe said...

Wait. . . the nurse called up a chopper for you even though you had a fake injury?

Wow!

don said...

She thought I should go in for psychiatric evaluation. :)

Actually some kid broke his tib fib down in that bowl.