Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Day off to ski

I woke up this morning and the sky was clear and blue with not a cloud in sight. I thought, "You know don, it's pretty nice out and cold. Skiing isn't going to get any better!" So I called in to work and off I went to the mountain. It might just be the last cold and fast snow I'll get this season and I had time left to take off. Plus I had all of my work done! For the most part. This weekend we are expecting warm temps and perhaps rain. That will slow things down. Today was exactly what I've been waiting for. Nobody in my way and I could go as fast as I wanted. There was even some fresh snow. Man it was a treat! I took this photo of myself riding the chair up. My shadow on the snow below anyway.

4 comments:

Diane Lowe said...

Cool Photo!

I always feel uneasy riding a chairlift by myself when it's made for three people.

don said...

This chair has a safety bar that comes down. Most people don't use it. I was on this chair with Jane and two other people once as it is a high speed quad, and it broke down. It really bounced and I was surprised that nobody came off. Since then I've always lowered the the safety bar. They had to eventually belay everyone off with a climbing rope. It was really cold that day and we were up there for a long time.

Anonymous said...

Cool photo, Don.

Clear, crisp... just like the day!

Curt

don said...

Thank you both for the compliment on the photo. It's a view I'm so very used to seeing as I spend so much time on the lifts. A don's eye view.

I also just like looking at my race stock Atomic GS:11 skis. What a great ski, and these are the real deal. One of the best Giant Slalom skis ever made, and a perfect day for them. I usually don't ski on them unless I'm racing or I know it's going to be a day like this was. A ski like this is like having a formula 1 car and road all to myself.

It just doesn't get any better than this!