Saturday, March 24, 2007

Good mom form

It's raining here today so I decided to stay home. I'll go skiing tomorrow. My mom drove over fom Montana and is staying with my sister. They are going shopping for shoes. My mom is in good health and displayed good mom form by presenting me with this jar of dill pickles. So she's back on her game.

My mom makes really good dill pickles. I remember one time we were up in the cabin and we sad down for dinner when one of the neighbors showed up. We asked him to join us for dinner but he refused and said he'd just have a pickle. Mom had several of them sliced and on a dish. So he ate one pickle. Then another, and another until he had eaten all of the pickles on the dish. Complimenting my mom the whole time. This was starting to get to me because he was eating all of the dill pickles! What the heck, I figured we still had some left in the jar. But what does my mom do? She get's more out of the jar slices them up and places the dish infront of him! I'm like No! No! Give him the meatloaf!

He ate almost a whole jar of dill pickles! She did hold back a couple for us in the jar. We laughed about it after he left.


2 comments:

Diane Lowe said...

I'm glad your mom is doing better!

Dill Pickles are delicious.

don said...

Thanks! I'm glad too.