Wednesday, March 14, 2007

New CD, the Wailin' Jennys

Curt turned me on to this CD, The Wailin' Jennys Firecracker *

* This webisite has pop ups. My computer blocked them, and I don't think they are the bad kind, but be advised. I try not to link to websites that have pop ups, or any website that I think is suspect.

This would be a good one for someone to warm up to country with although it's not really country. There's almost a celtic feel to some of it. Three gals, and they have beautiful voices and harmonies. The journal on their website is a good read. Looks like they've been all over the world. I see that they are going to be in Hamilton MT next month That would be a good concert. My grandmother used to live there. I don't get the name of the album Firecracker though. It's kind of mellow.

It's a great CD. Thanks Curt.

2 comments:

The Wordpecker said...

I'll try it out seeing as how I fit into the "someone to warm up to country" category.

I'm sooooo trying to get a feel for country. The country radio stations are the only ones that I can seem to tune into up at the lake.

don said...

It's like anything. Perhaps the "Jennys" bring something new to the genre that you might relate to. If you like them then you might find keys to understanding and liking more traditional country.

I do realize that pop country can be somewhat silly. I don't even like it most of the time. It's corny in the way that classic rock and 80s rock can be.

But I think you will like this group. It's almost hard not to, as the quality level is so high.