Saturday, March 03, 2007

Race form

We survived our ski trip today with only a few minor bumps and bruises. I threw myself down the race course a few times. Curt captured my race form in this photo as I skillfully worked my way trough the gates. I realize this looks like I'm out of control,.. but I actually planned it like this. I made a great recovery and went on to win the race.

Not really. I got pretty tangled up. I smashed into this gate with my hip then I slid down the hill and took out the next gate as well. Gives new meaning to skiing the backside as mine is in a little bit of bother tonight.

4 comments:

Diane Lowe said...

Oh no! That doesn't look like fun!

So the real question is: was Curt so amused that he had to take photos?

How did the chili turn out?

don said...

Curt loves it when I fall! Just kidding. :) Actually, it's kind of cool to see the moment when disaster struck don. He got the shot right when my tip went through the gate. I was pretty lucky that my body didn't break. My foot looks pretty twisted in relation to my knee and I'm going pretty fast.

I thought the chili was good... Curt said it was, but I think I could have fed him the cat food and he would have said it was good. There's kind of an unwritten rule not to criticize the cook. The chili smelled pretty darn good when we got home. Kind of nice to have it all cooked and ready to eat when you get back from skiing.

Diane Lowe said...

Well if the cook thinks the food was good that's all that matters!

I'm really glad you didn't break your body on the hill.

don said...

Yes, it was nice to live to ski another day.