Sunday, March 25, 2007

Two-in-one convenience

Last night I met my mom and sister for dinner at Bostons. I honestly don't like eating at places like that but what the heck, we had fun and were together. Then after that I went to Macy's to exchange the blender I got for Christmas which was chrome for a white one. I hadn't taken it out of the box yet. I know what you are thinking.. , but all of the rest of my stuff is white. I wanted a white one. I think a chrome one would always look dirty if I had it.

Anyway, I took it back and the guy was cool about it but they didn't have one that was just a blender. They had the same thing but it had a food processor top part also. Smart Power Duet. "Two-in-one Convenience". And they were on sale so the guy said I could up-grade for a little over $10. Well I use my food processor a lot, so I'm like, heck yes!

When I got my food processor (another Cuisinart) I had to take it back twice until I got one that wasn't damaged or didn't have parts missing. I told the salesman that I had a problem when I got my Cuisinart food processor and had to return it twice. Well he assured me that this new blender/ food processor had not been opened and would be fine so I chose not to look at it very close. They are really hard to get back in the box, so I took it home with just a glance inside the box.

I got it home and looked it over to make sure all the parts were there and then I noticed that the base of the food processor part was cracked! So today I had to take it back. So out of two new Cuisinart products I've gotten, I've had to go back to the store three times! The service at Macy's has been great, but the Cuisinart has some quality issues. Once you get one home with all of the parts and no defects they are great. The trick is to do your own QC while you are at the store.

4 comments:

GrewUpRural said...

I know first hand about your experience with about shopping for kitchen appliances. The store that I work for part-time also has a small kitchen appliance section. I will actually open the box and take the product out of the box for the guest, so he/she can make sure the product meets their standards.

I do that because I know the guest will come back to our store when he/she needs another item.

don said...

I'm glad to know it's not just me. Those things are so hard to get back in the box.

Anonymous said...

Remind me never to send you to the store for light bulbs or Quisinarts.

Curt

don said...

Curt, I know! I'm thinking it is just me.