Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The hills are alive

I went skiing today. It was sunny for once, and I got a good workout. I skied hard for about five hours, first on my slalom skis and then on my giant slalom skis. Usually I do that in the other order, starting with the long radius ski and then going to the short one as I burn out and I bring the speeds down. Since I expected the snow to warm up and get sticky it helps to have a long stiff ski to cut through the wet snow and keep the speeds up in the warm afternoon. But despite the temps getting warm it never really got sticky on the backside. The Holmenkol red wax worked well. So I made rail road track turn after turn and it was a great day to practice with nobody in the way. The forecast is for overcast and rain for the next week. :(

I took the photo from a chair on the back. The trees and the mountains smelled so good! The hills are coming back to life.

No comments: